Right now, I’m having a bit of a ‘darkness before the dawn’ kind of moment. I feel like I might soon start to become productive again.
It’s sort of strange, how these things travel in waves. Just a month or two ago, I was super-ultra-crazy productive. I was working on Hackety, coding Bindlr, writing three days a week on the blog, and more. This doesn’t even count the more-than-a-full-time CloudFab. But lately, all I’ve wanted to do was hang out and play video games.
It seems like this is a cyclic kind of thing. I think 80 hour weeks, even of things that you love, is kind of unsustainable. It was lots of fun, and I was feeling pretty good while I was doing it, but now that I’m off that horse, it’s really hard to get back on.
In any case, here’s the status of some of the stuff I’ve been up to, if you’ve been wondering:
- Blog: I’ve got a bunch of stuff half-written. I’ll be starting to finish those off and getting them up here. I’ve had lots to say, just no motivation to say it.
- Watch.steve: I want a better design, so I’m not doing anything with the site ’till that’s done. I don’t want to mess with Ryan’s look and feel. But I’ve got episodes written up, they just need to be recorded.
- Hackety Hack: Fela is making great progress, and I’m going to start reaching out to Mac development communities to see if I can get some help on the issue that’s ruining my ability to fix things.
- Bindlr: Up, running, and working. Needs more marketing/outreach.
- Twitter: started using it again, you read that post.
- Selling my stuff: most of it is in boxes or thrown away. Time to start selling the things that were worth money.
- Maria: currently missing her.
- Friends: started actually making it back to XOmB meetings on Saturdays, and actually going out with some people I haven’t talked to in a while. I was really really bad at this in some cases.
This post is kind of random, and I apologize. I’ve got a good mix of technical things, book reviews, and social commentary waiting in the wings.
I’m excited for what June will bring.